The OPM Nanocalc - Optical Profilometer / Interferometer is in fact two different systems sharing the same motorized stage: an additional interferometer probe was added to a commercial non-contact Profilometer (OPM Hyperion). The purpose of this addition was to transfer the mapping capabilities of the OPM inspector software to the Nanocalc interferometer.
The OPM Hyperion system is a precision measurement instrument for non-contacting acquisition of the 2D and 3D topography. The Hyperion system consists of:
• Measurement granite stand with integrated DC motor controller;
• Precision XYR stages;
• Manual z-adjustment knob;
• Confocal sensor KF3;
• Industrial PC;
• Inspector software for measurement and evaluation.
NanoCalc is a software to extract thickness and optical parameters of thin, transparent layers on different substrates.This system uses Ocean Optics / Ocean Optics microspectrometers. It offers a lot of different options like:
• Simulation and measurement of multilayer systems (weakly absorbing or transparent);
• An easy-to-use "internal" mode for thickness extraction;
• A graphical user interface that is very easy to use (recipes);
• Simulation of up to 10 layers (weakly absorbing or transparent);
• Highly accurate thickness measurements between some nanometers up to about 250 µm;
• Remote control via OLE-commands from external software.