Welcome to INL's Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
This platform allows you to:
- identify the process equipment currently available at INL
- request license for any of these systems
- book and log the use of these systems
As a general rule, all systems are bookable, following the respective periods of time allowed for each particular system. Logging each system after each use is always mandatory.
For information about acquiring a license to use a specific tool, please contact the tool responsible (under the “Tool” tab above). Alternatively, go to “Tools” tab in your LIMS account homepage, select “Apply for License”, choose the tool you need and fill in the required fields. You will then be contacted by the tool responsible for scheduling your training. Any user (internal or external), previously registered at INL, is automatically granted a LIMS account.
Access to the cleanroom
In order to work inside the INL cleanroom, you will need first to take a course which includes training on safety, overall operations, and access protocol.
- Sign up for the “cleanroom course” by applying for the license of “Cleanroom Access (00000001)” under the “Tools” tab in your LIMS account home page.
- Download documents CR CHEMICAL HYGIENE PLAN and CLEANROOM ACCESS PROTOCOL and read them carefully prior to your training (also, print the last page of these documents and bring them to the training already signed by you and your INL supervisor).
- Prepare a 2-3 slide presentation about your planned activities to be presented to the cleanroom staff during the training.
- This 2-hour course is given in a monthly basis, from 11h – 13h. Planned dates for 2017 are Jan. 31, Feb. 28, Mar. 31, Apr. 28, May 17, Jun. 19, Jul. 18, Aug. 18, Sept. 18, Oct. 18, Nov. 17 and Dec. 18 (subject to change depending on public holidays and staff availability). Exceptional dates will have to be requested by email to email@example.com.
- Upon granted access, the user can then request license(s) for equipment inside the INL cleanroom, each equipment having its own rules and procedures which must be strictly followed along with the CR CHEMICAL HYGIENE PLAN and CLEANROOM ACCESS PROTOCOL.
Requirements for performing work in the cleanroom
- All activity performed in the facility must be logged in this LIMS platform and documented in a run sheet using our standard RUNSHEET TEMPLATE , available here.
- Our cleanroom engineering staff is always available for consulting services. Simply send your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation, approval, and documentation purposes.
Important Dates / Announcements
The cleanroom facility will be under maintenance during July 3-12, 2017 (Annual maintenance of INL Facilities)