Welcome to INL's Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
This platform allows you to identify all equipment currently available at INL, request license for any of these systems, book and log usage.
As a general rule, all systems are bookable, following the respective periods of time allowed for each particular system. Logging each system after each use is always mandatory.
For information about acquiring a license to use a specific tool, go to “Tools” tab, select “Apply for License” for the tool you would like to get training and fill in the required fields. You will then be contacted by the tool responsible for scheduling your training. Any user (internal or external), previously registered at INL, is automatically granted a LIMS account.
Access to the cleanroom
In order to work inside the INL cleanroom, you will need first to take a cleanroom induction course which includes training on safety, overall operations, and access protocol. This 3-hour course is given on a monthly basis. Exceptional dates will have to be requested by email to email@example.com.
1. Sign up for this course by applying for the license of “Cleanroom Access (00000001)” under the “Tools” tab in your LIMS account home page.
2. Download and read carefully the documents CR CHEMICAL HYGIENE PLAN and CLEANROOM ACCESS PROTOCOL.
3. Upon granted access, you can request license(s) for the cleanroom equipment you will need to use as defined in the Training Policy. Each equipment has its own rules and procedures which must be strictly followed.
4. Training on standard equipment/techniques is planned ahead of time, through a full-week training given on a monthly basis. Planned dates for the 1st Semester of 2021 are presented in the Cleanroom Training Plan (subject to change in case of unforeseen events). Due to the daily rotating schedule, exact days will be scheduled according to the availability of both instructor and user.
5. If the training you are interested in is not scheduled, please contact the tool responsible staff via e-mail and he/she will schedule it. The training is typically announced a few weeks in advance in order to give an opportunity to join also to other users.
Requirements for performing work in the cleanroom
1. All activities performed in the facility must be logged in this LIMS platform. Activities must be documented in a run sheet. Our standard RUNSHEET TEMPLATE is available here for download.
2. The list of chemicals/gases used in the cleanroom is available here. Before using any other chemical not listed in LIMS, please contact the facility staff.
3. The facility staff is always available for providing support. Simply send your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation, approval, and documentation purposes. More information about the service offer can be found here.